Swanepoel, A., Music, G., Launer, J. and Reiss, M., in press. How evolution can help us understand ADHD. BJPsych Advances.
Music, G. (2016) Angels and devils: sadism and violence in children. Journal of Child Psychotherapy. 42 (3), 302–317.
Music, Graham (2016), Adaptation: A Contemporary View, Revisiting Crichton-Miller’s 1925 Paper. Postgraduate Medical Journal, 92: 128–133.
Music, G (2016) 'Attached to Attachment? Attachment Theory, Therapy, and Future Directions' - Attachment New Directions in Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis Journal 9(3).
- Swanepole, A., D.F. Sieff, G.Music, J.Launder, M.Reiss. and B. Wren (2016) How evolution can help us understand child development and behaviour. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment
- Music, G. 2015 Psychoanalysis, Altruism, Neoliberalism and Emotional Poverty New Associations, issue 18, pp. 4-5
- Music, G. 2015. Bringing Up the Bodies: Psyche–Soma, Body Awareness and Feeling At Ease. British Journal of Psychotherapy 31(1), pp. 4–19.
- Music, G. 2015. The Warm Blooded Infant Beneath the Salamander’s Skin: The Complexity of Challenging Bullies While Reaching Out to the Hidden Vulnerable Child. Psychoanalytic Dialogues 25(1), pp. 29–34.
- Music, G. (2014) Top down and bottom up: trauma, executive functioning, emotional-regulation, the brain and child psychotherapy. Journal of Child Psychotherapy. 40 (1), 3–19.
- Music, G. 2014. The buzz trap: Speeded-up lives, distractedness, impulsiveness and decreasing empathy. Psychodynamic Practice 20(3), pp. 228–249
- Music, G. 2013 Stress pre-birth: How the Fetus is Affected by a Mother’s State of Mind. International Journal of Birth & Parent Education. 1 (1), 12–15.
- Music, G. 2013 Innately proscial: Altruism is inborn but can be sidelined. Counselling Children and Young People
- Music, G., 2012. Selfless genes, altruism and trauma: research and clinical implications. British Journal of Psychotherapy, 28(2), pp.154–171.
- Music, G., 2012. Fragile Foetuses. Counselling Children and Young People, (1), pp.2–7.
- Music, G., 2011. Trauma, helpfulness and selfishness: the effect of abuse and neglect on altruistic, moral and pro-social capacities. Journal of Child Psychotherapy, 37(2), pp.113-128.
- Music, G., 2011. Misdiagnosed and Misunderstood (abused and neglected children). Counselling Children and Young People. (2) pp 2-6
- Music, G., 2010. Struggling with cultural prejudice while observing babies: Egocentric and sociocentric Positions. International Journal of Infant Observation, 13(2), 189-208.
- Music, G., 2010. When Life Has been Sucked Out: Working with Neglected Children. Counselling Children and Young People, (1).
- Music, G., 2009. Containing not Blaming: Therapeutic Work in Schools. Therapy Today, 20(6), 20-24.
- Music, G., 2009. Neglecting neglect: some thoughts about children who have lacked good input, and are ‘undrawn’and ‘unenjoyed’. Journal of Child Psychotherapy, 35(2), 142-156
- Music, G., 2009. What has psychoanalysis got to do with happiness? Reclaiming the positive in psychoanalytic psychotherapy. British Journal of Psychotherapy, 25(4), 435-455.
- Music, G., 2008. From scapegoating to thinking and finding a home: delivering therapeutic work in schools. Journal of Child Psychotherapy, 34(1), 43-61.
- Music, G. & Hall, B., 2007. Learning our lessons: some issues arising from delivering mental health services in school settings. Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, 21(1), 1-19.
- Music, G., 2005. Surfacing the depths: thoughts on imitation, resonance and growth. Journal of Child Psychotherapy, 31(1), 72-90
- Music, G., 2004. A mole leaves his hole. Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, 18(3), 285-304.
- Music, G., 2004. The old one-two. Journal of Child Psychotherapy, 30(1), 21-37